Looking for the first step in working in diving as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster course. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this course you expand your dive knowledge and fine-tune your skills to the professional level.
PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. It is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
Get started now with Divemaster Online!
• Dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study
• Complete water skills and stamina exercises
• Training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems
• Help other divers improve their diving
To take this course, you must be:
• 18 years old
• A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
• A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
• An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
• Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
• Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement PRO (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
The PADI Divemaster crewpak includes everything you’ll need to start the PADI Divemaster program. The complete set of materials includes:
• PADI Divemaster Manual (or PADI Divemaster Course Online)
• PADI Divemaster slates
• PADI Instructor Manual
• The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
• PADI Scuba Tune-Up Workbook
• PADI Discover Scuba Diving cue cards
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
• Supervise both training and non-training-related activities
• Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
• Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
• Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
• Conduct the PADI ReActivate / Scuba Review program
• Conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
• Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
• Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
• Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
You’ll want to continue your professional training by completing the Instructor Development Course (IDC) and passing the Instructor Examination (IE).
Please fill out the form below to contact us.